OSU women’s basketball ends 8-game Bedlam losing streak
STILLWATER, Okla. — Oklahoma State’s women’s basketball team got a go-ahead 3-pointer from the daughter of a former Sooner football star to beat Oklahoma 66-63 on Saturday in Stillwater in their first Bedlam meeting of the year.
Jenni Bryan, whose father Rick Bryan was a two-time All-American at OU, hit a 3-pointer with 30 seconds left to put OSU on top 65-63.
The Cowgirls held on to beat the Sooners, ending an 8-game bedlam losing streak to Oklahoma.
The Cowgirls overcame an 11-point second half deficit to get their first win over OU since 2008.
Liz Donohoe and Tiffany Bias both had 14 points to lead OSU, who improved to 10-3 on the season, and 2-2 in Big 12 play.
OU was led by Joanna McFarland’s 16 points and 10 rebounds, including a career high four 3-pointers.
The Sooners dropped to 10-5 and 2-2 in conference play.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse