Toddler accidentally ingests parents’ meth
ENID, Okla. — First responders rushed to the scene on the 1700 block of East Cedar after receiving this call.
Operator: 911 Enid Garfield County, what’s your emergency?
Caller (Alex Winkler Voss): My boyfriend is watching my son right now and he says he’s throwing up real bad. He says it looks like he threw up a bag of drugs or something.”
Alex Winkler Voss calmly tells the operator she is on her way home.
Neighbors say around 4:30 a.m. Thursday police cars and fire trucks filled their street for hours.
Robyn Hassler says, “There was a lot of cop cars, undercover detectives and people in white jump suits carrying stuff out the house.”
When officers arrived, 24-year-old Wyatt Gungoll, who was baby-sitting, told them the 2-year-old child had vomited in a baggy and had possibly ingested meth.
The boy was flown from Enid to Oklahoma City where he fought to survive.
Officials say his heart was speeding at a rate of 210 beats per minute.
While he was being treated officers searched the home and say they found drug cooking stations just arm’s length away from the baby boy.
Detective John Robinson with Enid Police says, “There were three of what they call ‘one-pot meth labs’ in reach of where the child could have been around and there where four in the attic.”
Investigators say they also found marijuana, chemicals to make meth, a loaded syringe and other drug paraphernalia.
The front lawn was filled with bags of evidence and items used to make meth.
“It’s kind of disrespectful to our neighbors because there are so many kids that run up and down the street. I’ve even seen so many kids in that house, there shouldn’t have even been drugs there,” Hassler said.
Winkler has a pending felony charge for theft and Gungoll has had multiple run-ins with the law involving drugs.
Both are held without bond.
Officials say the boy was able to pull through and is in good condition.
Has been placed in state custody.