Frugal Friday: April 13
Whether you’re looking to celebrate some Oklahoma history, Oklahoma artists or the Oklahoma landscape, you can do it all for free this weekend.
Celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Arcadia Round Barn’s restoration Saturday at the historic Route 66 landmark. From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., the free public get-together will feature a classic car cruise in, live music, book signings, square dancing and another Route 66 stop, Pops, will provide it’s own soda.
Norman Garden Festival
You know what they say, April showers bring May flowers… and if you are looking for a little inspiration, head to the Norman Garden Festival. Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. get locally grown plants and a wealth of gardening information, rain or shine. Visit with local growers, see master gardener demonstrations and garden tours and don’t miss the seed swap at this free event.
Shawnee Citywide Garage Sale
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure at Shawnee’s citywide garage sale. Jumpstart your spring cleaning this weekend and make a little money while you’re at it. Friday through Sunday, the town will be waiving garage sale fees and permits. All are invited hold sales permit-free and peruse others free of charge.
Guthrie Art Walk
Stroll through paintings, sculpture, wood carvings, jewelry and glass works at the Guthrie Art Walk. From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, enjoy and evening of fine art and American craft in historic downtown Guthrie. Meet the artists and see their newest creations at this free leisurely evening.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger