Rev. Jesse Jackson speaks in Okla.
OKLAHOMA CITY — Rev. Jesse Jackson is spoke at a the State Capitol, Douglass High School and Langston University during his stop in Oklahoma Wednesday.
The Oklahoma Legislative Black Caucus hosted Rev. Jesse Jackson at a press conference at the State Capitol.
Members discussed inequality in the state of Oklahoma and the impact on minority groups of policy issues such as the open carry proposal and the Stand Your Ground law as they relate to recent killings in Tulsa.
They also talked about assaults on women’s reproductive health rights, the lack of inclusion and diversity on state agencies, boards and commissions and the exploitation of African American college student athletes by universities and low graduation rates, among other issues.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring