Soldiers back in Okla. after training Afghan forces
NORMAN, Okla. — Thirty soldiers just returned home from Afghanistan.
They are part of the Oklahoma Sustainment Training Team that spent a year training Afghan forces to protect their own.
The soldiers were deployed overseas for nearly a year.
A few kind words from local dignitaries and the solders get the “all clear.”
They come from all walks of life and all parts of Oklahoma.
Fourteen Oklahoma soldiers have died overseas since the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan began.
These families celebrating the special homecoming also spent some time praying for the families of the 14 who were lost.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring