FOUND: Missing Wellston toddler expected to be OK
WELLSTON, Okla. – A 2-year-old girl who disappeared is now back with her family.
Authorities found Sarah Thomas in a wooded area just a short distance from her home Friday afternoon.
“Thank God, Thank God. It could have been much worse, could have been very bad,” grandfather Howard Thomas said.
Police and neighbors spent four hours searching for Sarah after she wandered away from her home near Hilltop Rd. just south of Highway 66 in Lincoln County.
A search dog helped police find the little girl.
She was dehydrated and had a few cuts and scrapes.
“My first thought was that she had just wandered off to play in the woods, which as it turned out she had,” Thomas said.
Thomas said his family wants to thank everyone who helped search for Sarah.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him