FOUND: Missing Wellston toddler expected to be OK
WELLSTON, Okla. – A 2-year-old girl who disappeared is now back with her family.
Authorities found Sarah Thomas in a wooded area just a short distance from her home Friday afternoon.
“Thank God, Thank God. It could have been much worse, could have been very bad,” grandfather Howard Thomas said.
Police and neighbors spent four hours searching for Sarah after she wandered away from her home near Hilltop Rd. just south of Highway 66 in Lincoln County.
A search dog helped police find the little girl.
She was dehydrated and had a few cuts and scrapes.
“My first thought was that she had just wandered off to play in the woods, which as it turned out she had,” Thomas said.
Thomas said his family wants to thank everyone who helped search for Sarah.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online