Governor Mary Fallin signs Fetal Heartbeat Bill
OKLAHOMA CITY—Governor Mary Fallin signed the Fetal Heart Bill into law on Friday. This would require abortion clinics to give a woman the opportunity to hear the fetus’ heart before ending a pregnancy.
Senate Bill 1274 won passed with a 34-8 vote last month and the House of Representatives passed it with 75-12 last week.
Opponents of the bill believe it is unnecessary because under the “informed consent” statues of an abortion, it requires women to listen to the heartbeat.
The measure would pertain to fetus’ eight weeks or older.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him