Free Ask-A-Lawyer coming to Stillwater
STILLWATER, Okla. — If you find yourself in need of some legal advice, a free event is coming to the Stillwater Public Library later this week to help residents solve their legal troubles.
The Payne County Bar Association and Stillwater Public Library will be co-hosting the 6th annual “Ask-a-Lawyer” day at the library on Wednesday.
From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., visitors will be able to meet face-to-face with an attorney and ask legal questions free of charge.
Organizers said common questions are usually on consumer problems, family law, estate planning, personal injury and criminal issues.
Local attorneys will give each participant advice on what steps need to be taken to resolve any legal problems.
Participants are encouraged to bring a list of questions for their attorney as well as any documents pertaining to the issue.
The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, call the library at (405) 372-3633.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring