Frugal Friday May 4
This weekend you can get rid of some old junk for free while saving the planet, visit a few delicious festivals and find or sell some treasures at a citywide garage sale.
Don’t miss the 850-pound burger at El Reno’s Annual Fried Onion Burger Day Saturday.
Join in the burger-eating contests, check out the car show, enjoy the live entertainment and the special kids’ activities.
Union Pacific’s steam locomotive No. 844 will also make a special stop at the Burger Celebration.
Get ride of your old electronics the free and eco-friendly way at Oklahoma City’s eCycle event Saturday.
From 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., bring your old computers, TVs, printers, VCRs and stereos to State Fair Park to be eCycled.
Also Saturday, free landfill day.
OKC residents can get rid of storm debris or spring cleaning waste at participating landfills at no charge
Free Landfill Day is from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at participating landfills:
- East Oak Landfill – 3201 Mosley Rd.
(N.E. 36, east of Sooner Road, south side of street)
- Oklahoma City Landfill – 7001 S. Bryant Ave.
- Oklahoma Landfill – 7600 SW 15th St.
- Northeast Landfill – 2601 N. Midwest Blvd., Spencer, Okla.
(construction and demolition materials only)
Want more delicious food?
Polka to Prague for the Annual Kolache Festival.
Saturday celebrate Czech culture with a parade, carnival rides and the delicious kolaches, of course.
Looking to make a little money off of your spring cleaning?
Then Moore is where you want to be for the citywide garage sale Saturday and Sunday.
Hold your sales permit-free or visit all the sales to find that perfect bargain heirloom.
Also this weekend:
Free Comic Book Day
Saturday at participating comic book stores
Get a free comic book
May Fair Arts Festival – Norman
Andrews Park – Norman
Oklahoma Heritage Gaylord-Pickens Museum
Free admission Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Yukon Festival of the Child
Adults are free
$5 in advance
$7 day of the event
Yukon City Park
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring