Elderly man arrested for lewd 911 calls
OKLAHOMA CITY — A 72-year-old man has been arrested, accused of making excessive 911 calls and rude, sexual comments to operators.
Police say Clyde Dorain Hobbs called 911 operators multiple times Saturday night making false and sometimes rude reports.
Authorities tracked down the calls to Hobbs’ house in southwest Oklahoma City and were able to confirm that more than 17 phone calls to 911 had been made.
OKC Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said, “Over 17 phone calls were made from this phone from this house to 911. It appears from talking to the dispatchers, some were lewd in nature, harassing, lewd phone calls, basically making rude comments to the dispatchers.
And this isn’t the first time Hobbs’ has been accused of making a fraudulent emergency calls.
Hobbs has been arrested at least two other times for the same thing and in 2009 he was convicted of a misdemeanor.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online