City working to clean up “smelly house”
THE VILLAGE, Okla. – For the past couple of years, neighbors of 2425 Barclay have complained about a terrible smell coming from the house.
We told you in February The Village City Council filed a suit against the owner for abatement.
She was ordered to clean it up by April 13.
The smell continued so the Village Code enforcement was recently granted a court-ordered inspection.
City Manager, Bruce Stone, said they found that the source of the smell was definitely cats.
“They found that there was no carpet in the house it had been taken out already, very little in terms of furnishings. They found five or six kitty litter boxes, six cats.”
The woman has not talked publicly and has had little contact with the city but now the city has a lot more answers.
Stone said their next move is estimation.
“We’re going to talk to some cleaning companies and see what it will take to clean it up if it can be cleaned up. What it’s going to take, what it’s going to cost,” he said.
The woman will be offered one more chance to do it herself, then the city will ask a judge to let them do it and put a lien on her property for payment.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him