Mother’s Day Frugal Friday
This weekend is all about mom. Check out these frugal finds with mom in mind to save some green while showing her you care.
Show mom you care and want her healthy for many more Mother’s Days to come with a free skin cancer screening from Norman Regional.
From 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday, you can get checked for free the hospital’s Cancer Management Center.
It is first come, first served.
They are not taking appointments so get there early.
For moms who are looking for a little adventure, head to the Guthrie-Edmond Regional Airport for the Community Day Fly In.
See World War II Warbirds, military aircraft and a hanger restoration.
Kids, don’t miss the FREE airplane rides for those 8 to 17 years old.
The Young Eagles flights are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Ladies, treat yourself to a fun and healthy free night out Tuesday at OU Physicians Ladies Night Out.
Enjoy wine and light appetizers at Vin Dolce in Edmond while talking with the doctors one-on-one about women’s health issues.
The evening is free, you just have to register online in advance.
FREE For Mothers
- OKC Zoo, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (405) 424-3344, okczoo.com
- OKC Museum of Art, Noon – 5 p.m. (405) 236-3100, okcmoa.com
- American Banjo Museum (9 E. Sheridan, OKC), Noon – 5 p.m. (405) 604-2793, americanbanjomuseum.com
- Oklahoma City National Memorial Museum (620 N Harvey, OKC), Noon – 6 p.m. (405) 235-3313,oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org
- Science Museum Oklahoma, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. (with the donation of a non-perishable food item for the Regional Food Bank) www.sciencemuseumok.org
- Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art (1900 W. MacArthur, Shawnee), 1 – 4 p.m. mgmoa.org
- Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (918) 296-FISH, okaquarium.org
- 'I blame both sides,' Oklahoma militia members join fight against feds
- A mother's love: Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter in Pit Bull attack
- Land Run reenactment takes a dangerous turn at Mustang elementary school
- Biological mother wants adopted son back from powerful family