Chesapeake schedules important conference call with investors
OKLAHOMA CITY — Chesapeake Energy will conference call with its investors to update them on Friday’s announcement about the company’s $3 billion loan.
The loan gives the company more time to sell assets and lower its debt.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting Chesapeake is expecting activist investor, Carl Icahn, to disclose soon that he has taken a significant stake in the embattled natural gas giant.
The report says Icahn could be discussed in the conference call.
Icahn is well known to make investments in companies he feels are undervalued.
Shares often rise as other investors mimic his strategy.
Higher prices for shares are good for investors, but it could put a lot of pressure on the company.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger