OKC Thunder advances to Western Conference Finals
OKLAHOMA CITY — The Oklahoma City Thunder might make the jump to an elite squad.
The Thunder used a 20-to-4 third and fourth quarter run to send the Los Angeles Lakers home for the summer, winning their series with the tradition rich powerhouse, four games to one.
Scott Brooks’ bunch will now face San Antonio in the Western Conference finals beginning on Sunday.
Of the win, Brooks said, “It’s always tough to close out a team, nobody wants to go home but we did a good job of competing for 48 minutes and gave ourselves a chance.”
Defense was also key as OKC out-rebounded the Lakers 51-35.
Kevin Durant, who had 10 boards himself, said of his big men, “I think everybody did well. Nazr, Nick, Serge and Perk.”
The Thunder are vying for their first NBA title since 1979 when the team was in Seattle.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger