Okla. museums offering free admission for military
A group of museums around the state are teaming up to provide free admission for all active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
The program provides free admission to active duty military and up to five of their immediate family members.
In addition to active duty members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard, the program also targets active duty National Guard and Reserve members.
Some of the museums that are participating include:
- American Banjo Museum- Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art- Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma History Center- Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma Museum of Telephone History- Oklahoma City
- Guthrie Museum Complex- Guthrie
- Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art- Norman
- Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History- Norman
- Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art- Shawnee
- Sherrar Museum of Stillwater History- Stillwater
- Stafford Air & Space Museum- Weatherford
- Plains Indians & Pioneers Museum- Woodward
- Toy & Action Figure Museum- Pauls Valley
For a complete list of participating museums, visit the Blue Star website.
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- Wealth used as defense for teen accused of killing 4 in drunk driving crash