Follow Kevin Durant on scavenger hunt
OKLAHOMA CITY — There’s a scavenger hunt in Oklahoma City beginning Friday. Follow Kevin Durant & N7 on Twitter to get clues to where KD-signed N7 footwear is hidden across Oklahoma City.
The Summer 2012 Nike N7 collection will be available beginning Friday at select Nike retail locations across North America including the Nike Factory Store in Oklahoma City.
- N7 is Nike’s commitment to bringing sport and its benefits to Native American communities. To support this Kevin Durant and N7 have collaborated on 2 special editions of the KD IV.
- N7 is a presenting sponsor for the Jim Thorpe Native American Games which take place June 10 – 17 in OKC. The Games will celebrate the 100th anniversary of Jim Thorpe’s record setting Olympic performance in Sweden.
- The collection is anchored by the new Nike N7 Zoom KDIV that Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder debuted last month in a home contest against the LA Clippers, and also features the Nike N7 WindRunner jacket and Nike N7 Free Run+3.
- The Nike N7 collection is designed with inspiration from Native American culture and embodies Nike’s Considered Design ethos, which creates performance product that is engineered for superior athletic performance and lower environmental impact.
- A portion of profits from sales of the N7 collection help to support the N7 Fund, which awards grants to Native American and Aboriginal grassroots sport and fitness programs for youth, including the Central Oklahoma American Indian Health Council and local program 4 The Love of the Game.
- The fund has raised more than $1 million for grantees since it began.
- Learn more at www.niken7.com.
SYMBOLISM ON DESIGN OF SHOE:
The color of turquoise, is the color friendship and the signature color of N7. The Pawnee Star detail representing the Pawnee Nation of Oklahoma. N7 logo represents the medicine wheel and is reflecting of the circle of life philosophy and the 4 cardinal directions.
Playing in Oklahoma, brought KD close to the N7 cause. This collaboration between Nike Basketball is Durant’s way of giving back to the community, who have supported him by raising awareness of N7. A portion of the sales go into the N7 Fund which helps support programs such as the Jim Thorpe Native American Games.
Here is a link with info on the new KD shoe which launched Friday and how KD is doing it as his commitment to give back to the community.
It also describes in detail the symbolism of the design of the shoe.
- 'I blame both sides,' Oklahoma militia members join fight against feds
- A mother's love: Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter in Pit Bull attack
- Land Run reenactment takes a dangerous turn at Mustang elementary school
- Biological mother wants adopted son back from powerful family