Sooners advance to big 12 title game
NORMAN, Okla. — The Oklahoma baseball team continued their season dominance of Big 12 regular season champion Baylor with a 7-2 win over the Bears on Saturday in the Big 12 Tournament, to advance to the championship game on Sunday.
The Sooners beat Baylor for the fifth time in five tries this year.
BU was 22-1 against the rest of the conference combined this season.
Matt Oberste connected for two home runs and Jonathan Gray picked up the pitching win for the Sooners, who have qualified for their first Big 12 championship game since 1997.
OU will play Missouri at 1 p.m. on Sunday for the title.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him