In Your Corner: Don’t get scammed after storms
OKLAHOMA CITY — Our In Your Corner team has been busy surveying the hail damage. Unfortunately when a natural disaster strikes, so can scam artists.
News Channel 4′s Scott Hines asked Michael Salazar from Salazar roofing to share his advice for hiring a roofing contractor.
Keep these tips in mind:
- Be patient and do your research
- Shop around for at least three estimates
- Ask family and friends for references
- Trust your gut instincts
- Avoid high-pressure sales tactics
- Cheapest bid won’t always be your best option
- Try to work with local roofers
- Get everything in writing and don’t sign a blank contract
- Pay by check, not cash
- Demand proof of license, bond and insurance.
- Request a lien waiver
- Oklahoma father finds mother, 3-year-old daughter dead in garage, saves 5-year-old son
- UPDATE: Did one of Oklahoma's famous couples find another home in a different state?
- Man sues McDonald's for $1.5 million over napkin incident
- WATCH: Guy gives homeless man winning lottery ticket, man insists they share winnings