Eat out, donate to food bank with app
OKLAHOMA CITY — A new app on your smartphone can help you get dining deals and feed the needy at the same time.
Proceeds of your meal will feed a person through the Regional Food Bank.
It’s an app called TangoTab.
Just download it and find out what bargains can be found at local restaurants.
TangoTab Representative Jennifer Leipart said it’s really easy.
“Once they claim an offer then it sends them a confirmation number and they take this into the restaurant and show it to them,” she said.
Chef Joseph Royer from Saturn Grill on Memorial Rd. said he’s thrilled to have his restaurant involved.
“It makes it easy to use, the technology to benefit people in need. It’s s great idea,” Royer said.
The app is already used in a number of big cities including Dallas and now available in OKC.
Leipart said it’s an easy way to support your community.
“Maybe they can’t write a check but they can give back by doing something that they’re probably already doing,” she said.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns