Remembering May 20th, 5 years later
Temperatures to climb back up over the next few days

Candle being blamed for house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

YUKON, Okla.—A candle is being blamed for a house fire Saturday afternoon.

The Yukon Fire Department was called to a home in the 500 block of Maple Ave. after someone reported seeing black smoke pouring out of the bedroom.

When crews arrived, they found a bedroom engulfed in flames but were able to quickly put it out.

Officials say the homeowner left a candle burning before he went for a walk.

When he returned home, he saw the smoke.

Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt.