The reporter’s primary responsibilities include gathering, editing and presenting the news for newscasts and websites.
1. Develop personal contacts for news story development and maintain those contacts on a regular basis.
2. Represents the station at community functions and events as required and is involved in several community organizations.
3. Serves as leader within the news room offering advice, editing and suggesting stories as required.
4. Works closely with the show producer writing scripts for air, editing copy, and making show run-down suggestions.
5. Handles responsibility for cut-ins, headlines, and teasers as assigned by the producer.
6. Acts as a street reporter, leaving the station to gather news stories, interviewing individuals and preparing that for air when returning to the newsroom.
7. Propose daily story suggestions for news coverage.
8. Enterprise special assignment reports.
9. Be on a regular on-call rotation
10. Participate in social media; prepare reports for various websites
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1.Two years of reporting experience.
2.Strong writing skills.
3.Must be able to work under extreme pressure, stress and deadlines.
4.Must be available to work unusual hours, holidays and weekends.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send a resume to the
444 East Britton Rd.
Oklahoma City, O.K. 73114
Local TV LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer