Are Thunderstitions keeping OKC alive?
OKLAHOMA CITY — Thunder fans are jazzed for another victory in Game 2 Thursday night.
Turns out, many of them credit a variety of superstition-like Thunderiffic behaviors, known as Thunderstitions, for a fantastic playoff run.
Thunderstitions are no joke to many of the Thunder faithful.
A downtown Oklahoma City construction worker, best known among his co-workers as “Santa,” hasn’t trimmed his Harden-like beard since before the NBA Playoffs began.
Ada resident, Todd Essary wears the same 2010-2011 season Thunder t-shirt every game.
“I dunno. It just seems like I’ve worn it all the way through the playoffs this year and it’s worked!” Essary said.
Brian Black tweeted:
Oklahoma City jeweler Dan Gordon dresses his infant daughter in the same outfit each night the Thunder play to ensure a Thunder victory.
It has been a fairly successful strategy for Gordon and the others.
Elisa Milbourn tweeted:
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him