Broadway Ext. flooded, shut down
OKLAHOMA CITY — Heavy rains caused trouble on metro roadways during the early Friday morning commute.
About 4 a.m. standing water on the northbound lanes of Broadway Extension near Northeast 50th Street.
According to emergency responders, there was a drainage problem on Broadway which caused the back-up.
Two vehicles were stranded.
At least one driver was rescued from their vehicle.
No was was injured.
About 6 a.m. city crews cleared the blockage so the water could drain, and they could open one lane of traffic.
By 6:30 a.m. both lanes of traffic were moving.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger