Free dresses for military brides
OKLAHOMA CITY — Women in the service or marrying a service member deploying overseas will have a chance to take home a free wedding dress this Tuesday.
Brides Across America will be working with Impression Bridal in Oklahoma City to give away designer wedding dresses, some with a price tag normally in the thousands of dollars.
Melissa Herrera, store manager at Impression Bridal, said the giveaway is a great way to support the strongest of women, military wives.
“A free dress can go a long way, especially in this economy and for everyone going ‘over there,’” Herrera said.
Herrera helped Impression Bridal give free dresses to 15 soon-to-be military wives at the store’s last giveaway in November.
“Their fiances were getting deployed in the next three months, so they didn’t want to just buy a little simple dress,” Herrera said. “They wanted to still have that special moment.”
Brides Across America helps stores across the country give away the dresses but Impression Bridal is the only store in Oklahoma participating this July.
To quality for the free wedding dress, bring the following to Impression Bridal in Oklahoma City this Tuesday:
- Proof you or your significant other are on active duty
- Proof you or your significant other have deployed in the past five years, or will deploy in the near future.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger