Stolen vehicle recovered, suspect on the loose
OKLAHOMA CITY — A stolen vehicle is now back in its owner’s custody after officers found it on the northwest side of town.
It happened about 1 a.m. Tuesday when an officer noticed a suspicious vehicle around the area of Pioneer and May.
When the officer ran the vehicle tag it came back stolen.
The officer followed the vehicle for about four blocks.
Police say the driver parked the car in an empty lot and fled the scene on foot, leaving behind a female passenger.
Police say the passenger did cooperate with authorities.
She was released after questioning.
She was allowed to leave the scene in a taxi.
Officers set up a perimeter around the area of NW 29th and Brookline while K9 units searched for the driver.
Police were unable to locate the driver of the stolen vehicle.
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Colorado high school shooting suspect, a male student, found dead inside school
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors