Lawmakers outraged USA Olympic uniforms made in China
WASHINGTON — Lawmakers are outraged over Team USA’s Olympic uniforms, the outfits were made in China.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid slammed the Olympic committee for their decision.
“I think the Olympic committee should be ashamed of themselves. I think they should be embarrassed. I think they should take all the uniforms, put ‘em in a big pile and burn them and start all over again,” Reid said.
He said even a lesser compromise would be more appropriate.
“If they have to wear nothing but a singlet that says ‘USA’ on it, painted by hand, that is what they should wear,” Reid said.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi also believes the athletes should wear American-made uniforms.
Ralph Lauren designed the uniforms to be worn at the opening ceremony.
Nike has designed many of the competition uniforms.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'