Blake Griffin will miss Olympics
LOS ANGELES — Terrible news for former Sooner legend and Oklahoma native, Blake Griffin.
Griffin was practicing Thursday night with Team USA when he started complaining of knee pain.
The LA Clippers star’s knee was swollen.
He was sent back to LA Thursday night where team doctors confirmed Griffin tore the meniscus in his left knee.
Griffin will miss the Summer Olympics in London.
He will have surgery next week to repair his knee.
Griffin is expected to recover in time to play for the Clippers in the Fall.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'