KFOR-TV off air Friday after 11:30 p.m., back early Saturday morning
Courtesy of Wikipedia
It’s that time again — time for the engineers to standby with fully-loaded Starbucks pots o’ coffee and then spring into action in the wee hours of the night.
That’s right – KFOR-TV will be off the air tonight at approximately 11:37pm and will be off the air until approximately 6:30am Saturday morning. In general, we at KFOR-TV don’t have the luxury of ever shutting down for higher-end maintenance, so this is necessary on occasion.
When we asked what the engineers would be doing during the midnight oil tour Friday evening and early into Saturday, they conferred for a few minutes and then asked us if we could provide 1.21 gigawatts of power at precisely 1:02am – something about making our transmission towers glow in the dark. We don’t know what that means, although they’ve assured us that KFOR-TV will be live on the air again in time for Saturday morning cartoons.
Thanks for your understanding, loyal viewer. We did spot a few interesting-looking news vehicles in our shop area yesterday afternoon (see above), but they didn’t look like the news vans we recently ordered, so we’re a tad bit confused. Hope it all works out with all…that.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse