Second heat alert still in effect
OKLAHOMA CITY– EMSA paramedics said second Heat Alert is still in affect. Friday, six patients suffered from heat related illnesses and one of people was in serious condition following cardiac issues.
Remember when you go outside to follow these rules:
- Pre-hydration is key to preventing heat related issues.
- Wear light colored clothes and a hat.
- Take plenty of breaks if you work outside.
- Most importantly: there is NO SAFE amount of time a child should be left in a car.
The second Heat Alert was issues on Monday after seven patients called with heat relates symptoms.
Since the summer began, EMSA has responded to 100 patients suffering heat related issues.
If you are out and about and are looking for public cooling stations, you can call 211.
- 'I blame both sides,' Oklahoma militia members join fight against feds
- Land Run reenactment takes a dangerous turn at Mustang elementary school
- A mother's love: Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter in Pit Bull attack
- Biological mother wants adopted son back from powerful family