Second heat alert still in effect
OKLAHOMA CITY– EMSA paramedics said second Heat Alert is still in affect. Friday, six patients suffered from heat related illnesses and one of people was in serious condition following cardiac issues.
Remember when you go outside to follow these rules:
- Pre-hydration is key to preventing heat related issues.
- Wear light colored clothes and a hat.
- Take plenty of breaks if you work outside.
- Most importantly: there is NO SAFE amount of time a child should be left in a car.
The second Heat Alert was issues on Monday after seven patients called with heat relates symptoms.
Since the summer began, EMSA has responded to 100 patients suffering heat related issues.
If you are out and about and are looking for public cooling stations, you can call 211.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him