Semi snags cable barrier, crosses over on I-35
GUTHRIE, Okla. — A semi crash stops traffic on I-35 near Highway 33.
About 5:15 a.m. Wednesday a semi headed southbound crashed into the cable barrier, crossing over into the northbound lanes.
The semi snagged the cable barrier and stretched it across several lanes of traffic.
The cable appears to have held, though it did not stop the semi from crossing over into oncoming traffic.
According to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, a driver side front tire blew causing the crash.
There were no vehicles in the northbound lanes when the semi came crashing through the median.
However, an oncoming semi was approaching the area and was able to slow down in time.
OHP reports no injuries.
Northbound lanes were re-opened about 7 a.m.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger