Ford Recall: “Stop driving SUV immediately”
Ford Motor Company is recalling 11,500 of its 2013 Escape SUVs because of a fuel line problem.
They are taking a rare step, telling drivers to stop driving them immediately.
The fuel lines can crack and leak and spill gasoline which could cause the engine to catch on fire.
The recall only pertains to the models with the 1.6 liter four-cylinder engine that were built from early April through July 11.
Ford said approximately 4,800 of the affected vehicles were sold; the rest are located on dealer lots.
The company said there have been three reports of fires; two at a factory and one while a customer was driving, but there were no injuries.
Customers should contact their local dealers to get the fuel lines repaired.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom