Cigarette sparks fire, apartment unit destroyed
MIDWEST CITY, Okla. — Residents in Midwest City woke up to fire and smoke when their apartment complex caught fire early Monday morning.
It happened in the 1500 block of North Midwest Boulevard around 2:30 a.m.
A woman was on her couch in the apartment complex when she went to grab a drink of water and her cigarette landed in her C-PAP machine, sparking the fire.
Flames spread quickly and the complex was evacuated.
The apartment unit where the fire started was destroyed.
Five other apartment units had smoke damage.
Those tenants will be out of their homes for some time.
No injuries reported.