Okla. food in the Olympic spirit
OKLAHOMA CITY — Some Oklahoma City eateries are getting into the Olympic Spirit.
At Big Truck Tacos, many are ordering up Friday’s Olympic Special.
Kelly Nordeen, Manager of Big Truck Tacos, said they are on board.
“We thought, why don’t we do some Olympic inspired tacos? So there are 14 days of the Olympics and we are going to do 14 days of special tacos,” Nordeen said.
In fact, Big Truck is going to get creative with many of the countries in the Olympics.
Friday they were doing London with some fish fry and pea mash.
“We’re going to put our taters down then our beer-battered fried cod and we put a twist on the tarter sauce.”
After lunch if you need your sugar rush, you can head to Quail Springs Mall and Cupcake Heaven.
Owner Kiley McGregor said they have all sorts of goodies and a little extra.
“We’ve got Olympic cupcakes for everyone to get in the spirit. And for every dozen Olympic cupcakes sold, we’re going to donate 10 percent to the Special Olympics.”
Good food and good deeds to bring all our Olympians good luck.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns