Oklahoma heat zaps car batteries
EDMOND, Okla. — Have you noticed your car is sluggish when you put the key in the ignition?
Maybe you’ve been stranded with a bad battery?
Turns out, you are not alone.
Many Oklahomans have lost a car battery to the heat.
The experts at Battery Plus near 15th and Broadway in Edmond say they have had a number of customers come in with battery trouble.
They recommend having your battery tested at least once a year.
Battery Plus will test your battery, starter and alternator for free.
They advise concerned drivers to check their battery for corrosion.
Also, remember you need to fill an unsealed battery with distilled water.
Sealed batteries do not require any maintenance.
Check around for the best price.
Batteries Plus says all of their batteries are made in the USA.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him