Mobile meth lab explosion seriously injures two
EDMOND, Okla. — Edmond Police are investigating a possible meth lab explosion at Arcadia Lake.
About 9 p.m. Monday night crews responded to reports of an explosion at Scissortail Park at Arcadia Lake.
When firefighters arrived the fire had already been extinguished by the two victims, a man and a woman.
Crews initially thought the fire may have been started by a propane stove.
However, after a preliminary investigation, crews now say they believe the RV was actually a working meth lab.
The two people inside the RV at the time of the explosions have significant injuries.
A 36-year-old woman has third-degree burns on 50 percent of her body.
A 43-year-old man is also seriously burned.
Both were taken to an Oklahoma City burn center.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom