Oklahoma on Chick-Fil-A
What used to be a simple quick meal has now turned into a statement about your thoughts on gay marriage and First Amendment rights.
Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy made public statements about his views on the sanctity of marriage.
He said in an interview he was a supporter of “traditional marriage,” and many who disagree spoke out, asking like-minded patrons to boycott the fast food chain.
However, no matter your beliefs on equal rights, many are supporting the CEO’s right to free speech.
Wednesday many who support Cathy’s statements packed the chicken chains for “Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day,” brain child of former Arkansas governor and Fox News contributor Mike Huckabee.
Friday same-sex marriage supporters are planning a “kiss in” at Chick-Fil-A locations across the county, encouraging homosexual public displays of affection at the famously Christian establishment.
Oklahoma on Chick-Fil-A fight:
Where do you stand? Tweet your thought to @KFOR or Facebook KFOR-TV.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him