Man accused of sexually abusing infant, toddler
WARNING: Some of the details in this story are graphic
OKLAHOMA CITY– A 30-year-old man sits in jail accused of sexually abusing an 11-month-old girl and her 5-year-old brother.
Nathan McKinney was arrested and charged with two counts of rape by instrumentation on Friday.
OKC Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said the mother “noticed things when she was changing the diaper that she thought was unusual”.
“We were able to talk to doctors and determine this was some sort of sexual abuse,” Sgt. Wardlow said. “Our investigators were out there trying to talk to people, and obviously ultimately trying to locate the suspect.”
While doctors treated the 11 month old, authorities noticed her 5-year-old brother had difficulty walking.
Upon further examination, doctors determined the child had also been abused and needed surgery to repair his intestine.
Investigators tracked down McKinney at a business near N.W. 39th St. and Meridian Ave.
Wardlow said the man took off running and after a short foot chase he was taken into custody
McKinney remains behind bars on a $100,000 bond.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online