Suspects pelt mosque with paintballs
OKLAHOMA CITY – A local house of worship was vandalized in Oklahoma City over the weekend.
Just before 3 a.m. Sunday, the doors of the Grand Mosque of the American Muslim Association were pelted with paint balls.
Surveillance video captured images of a black two-door vehicle as it left the scene.
The board of the Muslim Association says the attack is extremely concerning, especially in light of the recent attacks on houses of worship elsewhere in our country.
The director says they are saddened by the vandalism, which occurred during the holy fasting month of Ramadan.
Hassan Ahmed said, “They didn’t damage the physical building but they damaged the hearts of people who are worshiping here.”
If you have any information on the crime, you are asked to call the Oklahoma City Police Department.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him