Winning recipe sends Okla. boy to White House
EDMOND, Okla. — First Lady Michelle Obama kindled the eating healthy initiative.
Monday 54 kids joined the First Lady at the First Kids’ State Dinner at the White House.
These kids, ages 8 to 12 are the winners of the Healthy Lunchtime Challenge.
The challenge was designed to have families create a healthy, affordable and delicious lunchtime recipe using the nutritional guidelines of “My Plate.”
One Oklahoma boy got some good news; he is one of the select few who received an invite.
Edmond fourth-grader Harrison Booker is one of the winners.
“Power pesto pasta” got him to Washington.
Dietitian and mom Michelle Denison with the Harold Hamm Diabetes Center talked with us about easy, healthy and quick lunches for the kids to take to school.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger