Winning recipe sends Okla. boy to White House
EDMOND, Okla. — First Lady Michelle Obama kindled the eating healthy initiative.
Monday 54 kids joined the First Lady at the First Kids’ State Dinner at the White House.
These kids, ages 8 to 12 are the winners of the Healthy Lunchtime Challenge.
The challenge was designed to have families create a healthy, affordable and delicious lunchtime recipe using the nutritional guidelines of “My Plate.”
One Oklahoma boy got some good news; he is one of the select few who received an invite.
Edmond fourth-grader Harrison Booker is one of the winners.
“Power pesto pasta” got him to Washington.
Dietitian and mom Michelle Denison with the Harold Hamm Diabetes Center talked with us about easy, healthy and quick lunches for the kids to take to school.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse