Man accused in 3 murders pleads not guilty
OKLAHOMA CITY — The Oklahoma man charged in the murders of three people had his day in court Tuesday.
Kevin Sweat pleaded not guilty in the death of his former girlfriend, Ashley Taylor.
Evidence of her remains was found in a burn pile on Sweat’s father’s property.
Sweat is also accused of gunning down two Weleetka girls, 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker and 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker, along a dirt road back in 2008.
He has yet to go to trial for their murders.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him