Group providing free healthcare in OKC
OKLAHOMA CITY — Looking for free healthcare? You can get it Saturday and Sunday at the State Fairgrounds in Oklahoma City.
Remote Area Medical will provide dental, vision and limited medical care from licensed volunteer health professionals on a first-come, first-served basis regardless of income.
Patients can get dental cleanings, fillings or extractions, eye exams and a pair of glasses made on site, as well as women’s health care (pap tests and vouchers for free mammograms), tobacco cessation, behavioral health care (counseling) and limited medical care (medical screenings and appointments available at low-cost community health centers).
RAM expects more than 1,000 people so get there early to get in line.
WHAT: Remote Area Medical free health care weekend
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 25 and Sunday, Aug. 26. Numbers will be handed out beginning around 3 a.m. Doors open at 6 a.m. both days.
WHERE: Oklahoma Expo Hall at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds, 333 Gordon Cooper Blvd., Oklahoma City, 73107 (NW section of the Fairgrounds)
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him