Tips to avoid West Nile
It’s on track to be the worst outbreak of the West Nile virus ever in the United States.
Here in Oklahoma, 62 people have been hospitalized and four people have died from the virus.
Oklahoma is one of five states that represent 75-percent of all West Nile cases in the United States.
Texas has half of the reported cases.
Dr. Courtney Swartz with the Oklahoma City Clinic discussed the disease that has a lot of folks avoiding their backyards.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom