Cows burned in cattle truck fire
EL RENO, Okla. — At least eight cows had to be put down after a truck hauling over 20 cattle caught fire Wednesday.
Authorities said the brakes overheated and a tire blow out may have sparked the fire.
The driver and most of the cattle made it out of the truck near I-40 and Banner Rd.
Canadian County officials are investigating.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online