Get OU game day traffic changes before you go
NORMAN, Okla. — Norman Police have some suggestions for Sooner fans who are gearing up for game day.
The Sooners kick off against Florida A&M at 6 p.m. Saturday.
The biggest change for drivers is the closing of Boyd St. in front of campus corner.
Boyd, between Asp Ave. and University will be closed to vehicle traffic starting at 3 p.m.
According to Norman Police, last year those blocks saw 10,000 pedestrians and 1,200 vehicles in the hour leading up to game time; a hazard for both.
Traffic will be re-routed northbound at University.
Norman Police Captain Todd Gibson recommends drivers enter Norman via I-35 and Highway 9.
Fans who have used Highway 77 in the past will run into quite a bit of construction.
There are major areas of construction at the intersections of Flood and Robinson, and 12th St. and Robinson.
“Those areas are still passable but it’s not going to be an ideal route,” Capt. Gibson said. “I would encourage you to do Sunnylane or Porter St., which turns into Classen which will take you right down there by the stadium.”
Police recommend parking at Lloyd Noble Center.
“There is also ample parking at Lloyd Noble and the university provides a free shuttle. It’s actually more convenient than it sounds,” Capt. Gibson said.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns