OU fans stake claims in tailgate land run
NORMAN, Okla. — OU fans are in a land run of their own as they camp out to set up shop for the big football game Saturday.
Early Friday morning many fans arrived pretty early to stake out their territory for tailgate parties.
OU Freshman John Cash was one of the first ones.
He said, “I woke up at 5 and I’ve been here since 5:30. Lately I’ve just been sleeping and hanging out.”
Many used ropes or tape to square off their areas.
They weren’t allowed to pop their party tents until noon.
As soon as the clock struck 12 noon, the work began.
Fans like Mitchell Maurer can’t wait until Saturday.
He said, “The build up is kind of almost tormenting. It will be fun when it gets here. Boomer Sooner!”
The tailgating sights are only good for this week.
The next home game, fans need to stake their claims all over again.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'