MWC PD arrest escapees before Missouri notices missing
MIDWEST CITY, Okla. — Midwest City Police arrested three suspects who escaped from a Missouri jail before the facility knew they were missing.
Sunday MWC authorities were called to a convenience store on the 1900 block of S. Air Depot to check a suspicious vehicle.
Police said the car was reported stolen in Missouri and arrested 22-year-old Jacob Darnell, 25-year-old Jason Darnell and 27-year-old Emanuel Chatman on theft and drug paraphernalia complaints.
When they got to the Midwest City jail, police discovered they were escapees from Pike County in Missouri.
The suspects now face numerous charges including possession of a stolen vehicle, obstructing an officer and escaping from jail.
They were in Pike County jail on the following charges:
Jacob Darnell – Possession of Dangerous Drugs
Jason Darnell – Obstructing Justice
Emanuel Chatman – Domestic Assault
The suspects are awaiting extradition back to Pike County, Missouri.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him