OU Sooner Sports TV partnering with FOX Sports
NORMAN, Okla. — The University of Oklahoma and FOX Sports have announced a long-term programming partnership called “Sooner Sports TV Powered by FOX Sports.”
The new network will provide at least 1,000 hours of Sooner sports programming annually on a variety of FOX channels, including FOX Sports Oklahoma, FOX Sports Southwest and FOX College Sports.
“We’re talking 10 times the programming that we’ve ever been able to distribute before,” OU Athletic Director Joe Castiglione said Wednesday.
Nearly 9 million homes in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana will be reached, as well as a national audience periodically.
Most of the content will be produced at OU’s SoonerVision facility at Memorial Stadium.
Player interviews, coaches shows, live games and even classic archived games will be a part of programming.
Castiglione said the network was not a response to the launch of the new Lonhorn Network.
“We’ve been looking at this opportunity for well over five years before any other networks were thought of or launched,” Castiglione said. “We tried to find one that best suits the University of Oklahoma.”
Officials said the partnership with FOX Sports is a 10-year contract.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him