State Fair food favorites
OKLAHOMA CITY — The Oklahoma State Fair usually has a healthy serving of unusual delicacies. Bacon tops the list this year.
Here’s a few of the bacon products fair vendors have to offer:
- Beer-battered deep-fried bacon
- Bacon milkshake
- Bacon smoothie
- Deep-fried bacon brownie
- Deep-fried bacon dog
- Deep-fried bacon-wrapped chicken-on-a-stick
- Frozen chocolate-covered deep-fried bacon
- Chocolate-covered bacon
“I hear that bacon makes everything better.” said Coco Flo’s Gene Leatherman.
Leatherman is the mastermind behind the bacon smoothie, which contains ice, vanilla powder, chocolate chips, bacon syrup and a few other ingredients.
The chefs at Sweet Shop are selling bacon cinnamon rolls this year.
“You just gotta come up with something new every year to keep up with the trends.” said Sweet Shop’s Chris Johnson.
Sweet Shop’s George Ellis has baked dozens of pans of bacon cinnamon rolls in just one day at the fair so far.
“It has bacon bits on the inside and bacon on the outside, and it’s covered with maple icing.” said Ellis.
This year the Oklahoma State Fair unveiled a new mobile site for fair-goers to use on site.
It allows you to search for a desired food, the online site will show you where to buy the food of your choice and provide a map.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online