Pink, Oklahoma hosts 5K run for cancer
PINK, Okla. — Pink Out For Cancer started five years ago when the people at the Pink Senior Citizens’ Center in Pink, Oklahoma decided they wanted to do something for breast cancer awareness.
Since those humble beginnings, Pink has teamed up with the American Cancer Society, and they are about to pass a major fundraising milestone for this year’s event.
Mel Rogers from the American Cancer Society and Christa Chapman from the Pink Planning Committee talk with NewsChannel 4′s Ali Meyer to talk about Pink Out Cancer 2012.
Pink Out Cancer is Saturday October 6th 8 a.m. in Pink, Oklahoma.
For more information about the race you can call 405.841.5817 or email <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns