Fairview woman named Teacher of Year
OKLAHOMA CITY — How about some positive education news.
A lucky lady won $50,000 in cash and prizes Tuesday at the State Fair.
It wasn’t a lottery drawing; it was the winner of the 2013 Teacher of the Year Award.
Elaine Hutchison teaches Fairview High and Chamberlain Middle School students algebra 2, trigonometry and pre-calculus;
She teaches AP calculus at the Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics Regional Center.
Hutchison said a teacher’s enthusiasm ignites greatness and she has nurtured hundreds of students in her 19 years in the classroom.
Some of whom did not think they had the smarts or the dedication to pursue advanced careers in engineering or other math-related fields.
Hutchison stopped by to talk with Linda about her strategy for inspiring students in math.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger